Thursday, February 5, 2009

Turning 33

I turned 33 this year...that's old ha ha :)  Anyway I decided to start something new this year...w/c is blog.  I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not much of a writer, but I did keep a journal once (actually it was a project for a psych class in college) and I do remember enjoying the exercise.So I've decided to pick it up again.

Anyway since everyone is into this "25 things about me" stuff I figure what better way to start than with my own list...except since I'm 33....this is a list of 33 things about me ha ha...

33 Random Facts about Me

1.      1.  My full name is Christopher Sebastian Pancratius Santos Tordesillas.  Christopher because he is the patron saint of travel, w/c my dad was doing a lot of those days.  Sebastian because his feast day is on my birthday, Jan 20.  Pancratius because he is the patron saint of children.

2.       2.I was born about a month premature and was given an emergency baptism in the hospital.  I had my first operation to treat my hernia when i was 1 week old.  I had another operation a month later.

3.       3.As a kid I couldn’t sleep unless my yaya scratched my back.

4.      4. I don’t like carrots.  One day I tried them for the first time and i liked them, so I kept on eating more that day till i got sick and puked....now, I don’t like carrots.

5.     5.  I have had 8 pet turtles so far in my lifetime, Jovi, Jimmy, Mo, Frisky, Slowpoke, Kobe, Shaq & Optimus Prime.  I have no immediate plans to get any more for now.

6.       6.I got hospitalized as a kid for drinking too much Yakult.

7.       7.When I was young (and didn’t know any better) I choked my older brother with a rosary....yes I believe I’m going to hell for that.

8.       8.I am a HUGE fan of the band A-Ha, I have all 8 of their studio albums and a live album on my ipod, and I’m eagerly awaiting their new album later this year.

9.       9.When it comes to comics, I am definitely Marvel over DC, Avengers over X-men, and my favourite superhero is Captain America with Hawkeye a close second.

10.   10.I’m a compulsive collector.  When I get into something I try to get everything, or at least a whole bunch lot of whatever I’m collecting.  Currently I am an avid toy collector.

11.   11.I’m a child of the 80’s, I think the 80’s were the best time to be a kid.  You had the Transformers, G.I.Joe, He-Man, Sectaurs, Inhumanoids, Visionaries, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Smurfs, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Gobots, Centurions and so on.  Although I only seriously collected G.I.Joes (since they were relatively the cheapest of the bunch).

12.   12.I was persecuted in grade school for liking the Care Bears ha ha.

13.   13.I am a HUGE Transformers fan.  You know that show Beat the Geek?  I could probably qualify as a Transformers Geek .

14.   14.I do 3D modeling as a hobby.  My favourite subject, you guessed it...Transformers.  In the past 3 or 4 years I have modelled and animated around 250 plus unique characters.  You can check them all out here... www.iaconcity.com

15.   15.Although I believe the Mcdonalds Quarter Pounder is the never fail ultimate bang for your buck burger, the DOUBLE quarter pounder though is just PURE evil....or is that genius?

16.   16. I think Brad Pitt is an excellent actor and I am scared of Angelina Jolie....those lips...scary

17.   17.Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE fan of the Beatles...however I only got into them when I was in college.

18.   18.My ultimate favourite band though is the Counting Crows.

19.   19.If I could go back in time and change ONE thing in history...off the top of my head, would be to prevent John Lennon from getting shot.  What a waste.

20.   20.I’ve been called Tords, Basti, Bas, Macky, Toffen, Tofu, Fingers, Wasabi Fingers,  Mr. Fingers, Pancrits and Tordy Bear.

21.  21. As a kid I was REALLY into Dinosaurs, my favourite dinosaur is the Triceratops.  As a kid I didn’t know how to pronounce his name properly and called it the “TREE-KE-RA-TOPS” and Greek Mythology...specifically the Greek heroes.   I was also terrified of the monster Grendel from Beowulf.  I was so terrified that my sister who was a psychology major hypnotized me to help me get over my fear.

22.   22.I prefer fantasy over sci-fi.  Especially stuff about dragons...must be because I loved dinosaurs as a kid. 

23.   23.I am SO a mountain person.  I’ll take the cold weather and pine trees over the beach ANY day.  My dream would be to live in Baguio.

24.   24.I am a HUGE fan of Survivor.  Although I never saw the first season from start to end, I have watched every season faithfully since...all 16 of them.

25.   25.I loved collecting “Choose your own adventure” books..I think I had at least 50 of them.

26.  26. One of my greatest achievements in grade school was winning a United Nations week long contest where I represented Sweden (go figure).  Since then I have had a fascination with all things Swedish.  I hope to go there someday.

27.   27.If the concepts of past lives were true, I am convinced that I was a Swedish hockey player in my past life.

28.   28.Although I don’t really play a lot of sports, I love watching sports movies...especially those about American football or hockey (Mighty Ducks anyone?).

29.   29.I believe I am a RENT HEAD.  Was lucky enough to catch the original cast in New York and watched it in the Manila around 5 or 6 times.  Plus there is the movie w/c  I’ve seen at least 5 times. Oh yeah I also auditioned....but didn’t get past the first round ha ha

30.   30.I’d rather go blind than deaf.  Can’t live without music.

31.   31.I’ve My favourite movie is a toss up between Almost Famous & Braveheart.  Superman 2 was the last movie I cried in and I've never seen a single Indiana Jones movie.

32.  32. The Tordesillas street in Salcedo village is named after my dad.

33. 33. In grade 3, I got into an argument with a classmate.  He challenged me to fight in the football field.  I begged off the fight and asked if we could move the fight to the first day of the next school year.  He agreed and so over the summer I took up judo...and then kicked his ass when we fstrated grade 4.

 


18 comments:

  1. "32. The Tordesillas street in Salcedo village is named after my dad."

    this is cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tords, when was your birthday? belated happy birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, bud! I love this list! I got the opposite of #12... I was shunned by my girl classmates for liking G.I. Joe and Transformers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Os! hope everything is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bud :) well it all worked out in the end as Ria said it was my knowing the original 10 Care Bears that won her over :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hhhmmm shucks talo mo ko i can't name all the 10 original carebears =(
    but didn't know you are a RENT fan....i lOOOOOOOVVVVE rent......=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can name them all and then some...yabang ha ha. Yes I love Rent...I originally wan't much into musicals...but Rent opened up another door for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. #15 - I so so so agree with you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. diba? it sucks though that they don't have any quarter pounders in Singapore....

    ReplyDelete
  10. diba? it sucks though that they don't have any quarter pounders in Singapore....

    ReplyDelete
  11. diba? it sucks though that they don't have any quarter pounders in Singapore....

    ReplyDelete
  12. #33 - WAHAHAHAHA! Nice to know you had foresight, even as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i learned a martial art for the wrong reasons...Mr. Miyagi would be so disappointed ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. i learned a few new things! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. smart move! thinking ahead i see? haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! Love your 33. Really sneaky!! Ought to share this with His Vineyard. I'm sure they'll be totally surprised!!

    ReplyDelete